Thursday 25 June 2015

What’s It Like?

What’s it like to be bipolar?
Must be great, I hear you saying,
All that fun and energy flowing,
Being crazy and creative,
But you never see the flip side,
When my mood has hit rock bottom,
And I cannot bear to wake up,
And I cannot face the future
Knowing this is all there ever will be,
Up and down, like a bobbing ocean,
Never knowing what the day brings,
What will trigger a major episode,
High or low, it doesn’t matter,
Both sides are just so exhausting,
All those voices,
Uttering, muttering,
Endlessly confusing, tiring,
Dangerous at their suggestion
I should cut, die, cease existence,
Or at least, please vanish
Off the face of this good planet,
For it’s much too complicated,
Living round a whirly gurley
Changeling, constantly
Updating information,
Are you up or down or sideways,
Will you find your voice one of these days?
Or will you never cease your talking,
It all rubbish, don’t you see?
You’re simply not making sense to me?
So yes, I love the crazy high days,
But I know they must be paid for,
And the price is quite exorbitant,
Ordinariness is what I pray for!

So now you know it...want to swap lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment